Netizens reacted to Park Min Young‘s response to Dispatch‘s article.
On January 15, Park Min Young’s label Hook Entertainment released a statement in which it addressed allegations that were brought up in a damning Dispatch report.
Park Min Young Responds To Dispatch’s Damning Exposé
Earlier, Dispatch reported that Park Min Young had received ₩250 million KRW (about $ 190,000 USD) from the actress’s controversial ex-boyfriend Kang Jong Hyun. The news sparked an immediate backlash from fans, with netizens vowing to boycott Park Min Young’s K-Drama Marry My Husband.
In their statement, Hook Entertainment admitted to having received the money but then claimed that the money wasn’t for Park Min Young and that Kang Jong Hyun had used the actress’s bank account.
Actress Park Min Young was investigated in February 2023 due to the fact that Kang Jong Hyun had used her bank account. Through the investigation, it was proven that Park Min Young hadn’t done anything illegal and that she had never profited from taking part in something illegal.
The ₩250 million KRW (about $ 190,000 USD) reported in the article was used by Park Min Young’s bank account by Kang Jong Hyun. It wasn’t used for Park Min Young’s expenses.\
— Hook Entertainment
Netizens reacted to the response, with many criticizing the explanation. Many alleged that the label’s statement seemingly admits that Park Min Young had aided Kang Jong Hyun in committing financial crimes.
- Wow, she let him use her bank account? That’s money laundering.
- I think she is telling the truth, considering neither explanation helps her image.
- But it’s illegal to let someone use your account,
- Isn’t it worse to let someone use your account? That’s a crime ㅜㅜ.
- Groundless speculation? Lol.
- In other words, wasn’t she an accomplice (to Kang Jong Hyun’s crimes)? I can’t believe some people are using this statement to defend her.
- She let a scammer use her bank account, but prosecutors didn’t charge her with any crimes? LOL. Wow, I seriously don’t understand the world of celebrities, LOL.
- If she let Kang Jong Hyun use her account, then she committed a crime.
Stay tuned for updates.