BTS are known globally for the many world records they have set. Currently, the group holds a total of 25 world records, though that number is unlikely to remain unchanged with the group’s continuous success. Here 20 of the records they have set so far!
1. First K-Pop group to reach Number 1 on Billboard 200
BTS’s 2018 album, Love Yourself: Tear, earned the highest sales ever for a K-Pop group at the time, debuting at number 1 on the Billboard 200 as the first foreign language release to do so.
2. First K-Pop act to top the Billboard Artist 100
Love Yourself: Tear also put the group in the lead regarding the Billboard Artist 100.
3. First K-Pop group to earn a top 10 single on the Billboard Hot 100
BTS’s “Fake Love,” the lead single from Love Yourself: Tear, marked the first time a K-Pop track debuted in the top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100. It beat the previous K-Pop record set by PSY with “Gangnam Style,” which debuted at number 12.
4. Most weeks spent as Number 1 on Billboard‘s Social 50 chart
BTS is officially the longest-topping artist on the Social 50‘s, having spent 200 weeks as Number 1—and counting.
5. Most weeks for a K-Pop group on the Billboard Hot 100
BTS’s “Dynamite” broke the record previously set by Psy’s “Gangnam Style” by spending 32 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, with three of those weeks in the Number 1 position.
6. Most weeks as Number 1 on Billboard‘s Digital Singles
Recently, “Butter” tied with “Dynamite” for the most weeks on the chart, spending a total of 18 weeks as Number 1. This month, BTS even beat Taylor Swift to become the artist with the most cumulative weeks on the chart.
7. Most streamed artist on Spotify
BTS has beat their collaborators, Coldplay, to become the most streamed artist in Spotify history with over 16.3 billion streams (Coldplay had 16.1 billion).
8. Most streamed track on Spotify in 24 hours
“Butter” set another Spotify record by being streamed 20.9 million within its first 24 hours, making its way into the 2022 Guinness World Record. However, Adele‘s recent single, “Easy on Me,” from her recent album 30, has now set a new record with 24 million stream in its first 24 hours.
9. Most Twitter retweeted account and most Twitter engagements for a group
With an average of 422,228 retweets on Twitter in 2019, BTS and ARMY have easily set the world record for most Twitter engagements for any account and most engagements for a group.
10. Fastest to hit 1 million followers on TikTok
BTS joined TikTok on Sept. 25, 2019 and immediately broke record for having the quickest time to reach 1 million followers— their number? Three hours and 31 minutes.
11. Most views for the premiere of a music video on YouTube
“Butter” recorded 3.9 million users waiting to watch the song’s premiere, making the premiere the most viewed music video release on the website.
12. Most viewed music video by a K-Pop group in the first 24
The first 24 hours after the release of “Butter” recorded 108,200,000 views. The previous record was held by none other than BTS’s own “Dynamite.”
13. Most viewed YouTube video in 24 hours
BTS’s “Dynamite” set this record upon its release on August 22, 2020, garnering 101,100,000 views in its first 24 hours.
14. Most views for a music concert live stream on a bespoke platform
BTS’s online concert Bang Bang Con: The Live, had 756,000 fans across 107 countries watch the show. This also makes Bang Bang Con: The Live the live streamed concert with the most tickets sold to date.
15. Most grand prizes (Daesang) won at the Mnet Asian Music Awards
BTS holds the record for most Daesang awards won at the Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMAs) between 2016 and 2020. As of 2021, they hold a total of 16 Daesang awards.
16. Most Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards won by a group
BTS has tied Fifth Harmony in this category with a total of five Kids’ Choice Awards.
17. Best-selling album in South Korea
This year, BTS’s Map of the Soul: 7 sold approximately 4,440,800 units of their album Map of the Soul: 7, making it best-selling album in South Korea as of March 2021, according to the Guinness World Records.
18. Highest earnings for a K-Pop group
Forbes estimated that BTS earned $ 50 million in 2020, partly thanks to the reported $ 170 million in touring revenue. This estimate puts the group at Number 47 on Forbes’ highest-earning celebrities of the year.
19. Most followers for a group on Instagram
In April 2021, BTS became the group with the most followers on Instagram, having reached 40,220,226 followers. As of December 2021, the group now has over 57 million followers.
20. Fastest to reach both 1 and 10 million followers on Instagram (V)
Ahead of their break, the members of BTS all created official Instagram accounts. V broke the record for fastest time to reach 1 million followers, a record previously held by NCT‘s Taeil. V hit 1 million in under 43 minutes, and 4 hours and 52 minutes later he broke another record by becoming the fastest to hit 10 million.
Share This Post